Steal this Site! System of a Down Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Right here in Hollywood

Go down 
+3
Dream0ver
PLankton
Mr.Killerguitar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Number of posts : 1049
Right here in Hollywood Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Right here in Hollywood Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Right here in Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Well, lucky me got the book today (shitty britains need twi weeks to deliver it, I guess they swam). Well, I really thought there would be more pictures in (but they're funny) and that there is so much text in. Not that I wouldn't read it, but it's cool to have something to read. I can't read all my books a third to seventh time....
Let's see how many mistakes I find in it^^
Back to top Go down
https://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

Number of posts : 360
Right here in Hollywood Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Right here in Hollywood Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:27 am

I was ( and still am ) surprised.I read on soadfans.com that many havenīt even got it yet .
damn..I ordered it in 2006 (right after it was relaesed ,I guess) on amazon.com and I got it few weeks later .
And what i was reading , was strangely familiar to me.
because that book is not more than a sample of all articles and interviews ever about or with SOAD.
there was really not much in that book , I had not read before .
For someone , who never read so much , though , it might be a good history of the band and a good chance to learn
more about how they are offstage .
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Right here in Hollywood Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Right here in Hollywood Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:14 pm

I'll see^^ I don't care if I read only things I know already, because now I have a book were all is summarized.
Man, I wasn't able to buy it in 2006, well, I had no internet then and didn't know it was released. I learned it much later. And now it's quite cheap!
Back to top Go down
Dream0ver
Heathen
Dream0ver

Number of posts : 9
Right here in Hollywood Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Right here in Hollywood Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:19 pm

I got my book 5 days after i ordered it. So they were pretty fast Smile
So far i've read it, its good. Learned new things.
Just the mistakes are anoying... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kody
Administrator
Kody

Number of posts : 665
Right here in Hollywood Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Right here in Hollywood Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 6:04 am

I havent ordered it, is it good? Should i order it?
Back to top Go down
TADDEUS
TADDEUS

Number of posts : 813
Right here in Hollywood Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Right here in Hollywood Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:34 pm

I dont even have the book yet *shame on me* but maybe Im gonna buy it... maybe Smile

Oh wait, no, I wont. Maybe I will as well discover that Im like Daron... and that would kill me, lol
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 pm

haa haa.
I also bought it not on the release date although i was a fan those time. You don't need everything.
But to answer the question, until now it's good. He has a funny style. Well, I maybe tell you something about the grammar later, I'm still tired and I need to look up things.
Back to top Go down
Shavo_lover13
Heathen
Shavo_lover13

Number of posts : 11

Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:45 am

I fucking broke so I can't expect to get it any time soon lol.
But then again my bday is in 2 months so *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:49 am

Yes, and the book is quite cheap these days.
Back to top Go down
Psycho_Shadow
Anti-Fly-SWAT-Team-Leader
Psycho_Shadow

Number of posts : 93
Right here in Hollywood Left_bar_bleue85 / 10085 / 100Right here in Hollywood Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:55 am

I got the book a while ago, it was pretty good.. Except for the birthday and grammar mistakes. Holy crap, they were annoying!

The pictures were nice, too. Strange captions, though.. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://psycho-shadow2.deviantart.com
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:12 am

I wonder where Ben Myers comes from. He quotes Metal Hammer quite often which is a german magazine. I dunno if they translate into english.
I think it's more annoying that he says more or less System brought us never before known truth about history. Especially the thing with Herzfeld is tought at least in german history classes, so just because the USA doesn't know it means not the world is so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right here in Hollywood   Right here in Hollywood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Right here in Hollywood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steal this Site! System of a Down Forums :: System of a Down :: System in General-
Jump to: