Steal this Site! System of a Down Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway

Go down 
+3
Psycho_Shadow
Kody
Mr.Killerguitar
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Number of posts : 1049
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Empty
PostSubject: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:17 am

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Metalh11

I translated an interview with Daron from german to english. He gave it to Metal Hammer magazine. I feel a bit stupid since this was now translated from english to german and back to english. I did my best and think it's a good translation.
Hack was so nice to give me this article. That means, all credits go to him. Thanks for it!

And another thing. This was hard work to translate. Whoever dares to copy this translation and use it without my permission, I gonna ripp off his balls!

Here it goes:

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Metalh10

Scars on Broadway
Clear Relations

For months try Serj Tankian and the official System of a Down-Website to suggestive that the solo activities of the four armenians are just symbol of a short and collective creative-break. But the thruth –as we know now- is different: Because guitarrist Daron Malakian shows the truth in the Scars on Broadway-Interview.

The small man with hat and full beard, reminding on Rick Rubin, looks tired. Not because he just landed in Cologne and has a jetleg. No, the 32 years old is just bored and annoyed. “You won’t believe what kinda interviews I have here – what kind of people they send on me. A bunch of idiots who don’t know who I am.” Withal it’s not that hard: Daron is since 1995 guitarist of the maybe most individual and succesful rock-band of the now, recorded five albums, sold some millions od CDs and is for three years part of a “groupdynamical hiatus”, which – like he says- is rather not one. “Some members of the band talk about this. But for me it’s a split” clarifies Daron. “System of a Down don’t exist anymore – that’s why I continue with Scars on Broadway.”
To the question who is lying and why, he starts nattering unembarrassed: “When it was asked, if we want to make a hiatus and everyone could do some other things first I thought it will be okay. I wouldn’t have thought that this would be the end of System of a Down, but that we come together again in one or two years”, tells Daron. “But the opposite happened: We differed more and more. And at the moment we don’t have to tell us anything – not only Serj but also, sadly, Shavo.” Because of this he –who never had any ambitions to go solo(, “because” –Daron- “the album just sounds like shit) now reanimated the short-lived project Sacrs on Broadway of 2003. In that he nearly does everything on his own – except of the drums which are brought in by buddy John Dolmayan.
Whereas the full bearded man distances himself consciously from the past: He’s now betting on 60’s garage rock, 70’s punk and decent electronical influences – also he put back folklore and the fast style and tempo changes. “It has to do with the fact that I don’t wanna repeat myself: I don’t want to make the kind of songs like five years ago”, explains Daron. “I also don’t listen to the same things but clearly more metal, trash and speed. That’s still not nice – but nowadays I prefer the Zombies, Kinks, Grateful Dead and japanese Psychedelic Rock. All that I could’ve brought into System of a Down – if it would still be existent.”
Against this the lyrics don’t differ much from his old formation: It’s still about money, power, war and cruelty – togethe with cynical comments about politicans, military, economy bosses and other parasites. “It’s because 95% of the System of a Down-Songs are written by me”, says Daron. “But the people never sawied it: They always thought I’m just the stupid guitarist.” What now shines with a Jello Blafra-like voice and also his humoristic side marks.
Like in “Stoner Love” with the amusing line: “California is been invaded by hippie psychopaths.” At that Daron takes a pack of weed and a pipe out of his pocket, inhales and laughs. “The hippie psychopaths are my alter ego – means my gang what wasn’t peacefully and friendly but kills and assassinates. A nice phantasy. For normal I’m the most balanced human on earth: I’m smoking weed all day, lie on my couch and make music. And that for 15, 16 years. I’m just a stoner”, says it and whiffs smiling.
Leaves just one thing: The strange band-name what let you suppose an anarchical reckoning with the american showbiz – just faint fissures in the system. But wrong: “I was driving on the Broadway in Glendale and saw some strange gravures on the lampposts what looked like swastika-stars”, explains Daron. “That’s so bizarre that I had to laugh out loud: Swastikas on Broadway- how crazy. But then it came to my mind: What a genius band-name! So I replaced Swastika with Scars to avoid getting put into a political corner and so I had this great name: Scars on Broadway. And I will use it for a long while now.” And if Serj calls to reformate System of a Down? “Then he has to do it on his own.” Clear relations.

Last edited by Mr.Killerguitar on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Nobody edits the founders post except of the founder!!!)
Back to top Go down
https://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
Kody
Administrator
Kody

Number of posts : 665
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:33 am

I knew it, i knew they would never get back together. This just proves it for all the nonbelievers. Still an awesome interview though, good job Brad on the translation!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:08 am

I have to say, if Daron is really serious in what he says I wouldn't care that much^^

both, Serj and Scars sound so much System that you wouldn't miss it. And Scars on Broadway just rocks! Album of 2008! So, who cares?

You Rock!
Back to top Go down
Psycho_Shadow
Anti-Fly-SWAT-Team-Leader
Psycho_Shadow

Number of posts : 93
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue85 / 10085 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:50 am

Why is Daron such a lazy dick about everything? Laughing

Good interview, makes me dislike Daron a little.. More. >_>
Back to top Go down
http://psycho-shadow2.deviantart.com
Patrick Star
Patrick Star

Number of posts : 263
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:58 pm

Daron is still pissed off that most of the System of a Down fans thought that the lyrics have been written by Serj. In my opinion he is a jealous carpet Laughing

Quote :
Good interview, makes me dislike Daron a little.. More. >_>
same here Laughing

btw: great translation, Brad ;-)
Back to top Go down
Kody
Administrator
Kody

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:07 pm

I don't see why it makes you people hate Daron more. He just trying to get recognition for what he has done. If you made a new album and released it and had interviews on it and all they asked you about was your previous project instead of the new album woulnd't you get pissed off? Rolling Eyes

Well opinions are opinions. Razz
Back to top Go down
vitamiin
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitamiin

Number of posts : 68
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:22 pm

he is just fat, self loving pig, nothing more for me. he is so changed, so egoistical. no wonder that he is forced to fuck himself. wish his band never comes on top.
"they are just idiots. they dont see me as great. i am god" fuck you whore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goodlookinggirlsnaked4u.com
Kody
Administrator
Kody

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:31 pm

vitamiin wrote:
he is just fat, self loving pig, nothing more for me. he is so changed, so egoistical. no wonder that he is forced to fuck himself. wish his band never comes on top.
"they are just idiots. they dont see me as great. i am god" fuck you whore.
No need to be so harsh, he's not exactly boasting he is great or anything, he just wants to receive credit for his accomplishments and he doesn't want other people to take his credit.
Back to top Go down
vitamiin
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitamiin

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:25 pm

and i just want to say what i think about him. or should i say it in "Daron thread" ?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:10 am

It's still no reason to get that harsh. I accept any criticism here, but that was just flaming rant. If you want to rant, do it in the rant thread, otherwise write your comment more objective.
Back to top Go down
vitamiin
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitamiin

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:26 am

guess it was pretty objective.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:28 am

It was.

Back on topic, or I'll ban you. You just get some warning the last days.
Back to top Go down
Psycho_Shadow
Anti-Fly-SWAT-Team-Leader
Psycho_Shadow

Number of posts : 93
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue85 / 10085 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:36 am

Kody wrote:
I don't see why it makes you people hate Daron more. He just trying to get recognition for what he has done. If you made a new album and released it and had interviews on it and all they asked you about was your previous project instead of the new album woulnd't you get pissed off? Rolling Eyes

Well opinions are opinions. Razz

I know where Daron's coming from with this, but us Daron.. Dislikers.. Tend to ignore that fact because of how much we don't like Scars as a whole and continue to call him an asshole for what he says in the interviews.

The end. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://psycho-shadow2.deviantart.com
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

Number of posts : 360
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:37 pm

C`mon now...I didn´t want to butt in anywhere...
but when someone says what he /she thinks ( and much of it I was thinking myself then and when ) ,
I don´t think it is a reason for a warning .
I have seen harsher comments about Daron btw .
NO..I won´t gonna go search it .It is an eternity ago Laughing

So Daron declared "System of a Down doesn´t exist anymore" .
And he says he thought "hiatus " would last 1 or 2 years at first , but everything turned out different and he doesn´t talk with Serj and Shavo anymore .
And he calls someone´s album shitty sounding . But nobody seems to find out which album he means .
Any ideas , fellow germans or people who can read and understand the article ???
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:53 pm

I was also a bit puzzled when I read it. Since the sentence is after the quote of Daron, the article talk again about Daron. So I guess that Daron meant his album, his album sounded like shit. I guess he meant the first attempt back in 2003.
Back to top Go down
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

Number of posts : 360
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:20 am

Yeah..seems like .
I couldn´t imagine he was meaning Serj or Shavo .
Back to top Go down
hackthesystem is sexy
Badass Motherfucker
hackthesystem is sexy

Number of posts : 112
Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:44 am

I'm starting to think this interview is a little dubious.

-First of all, the interview has been changed from english to german to english again. Many things are lost in translation.

-Second, why would Daron make the earth shattering revelation to the world that the multi platinum selling band system of a down is over through a little known german magazine in a 1 page interview?

Seems a bit fishy to me, and I was the one who asked brad to translate it in the first place.

Please do not blow it out of proportion people Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:51 am

You asked me to translate it and I translated it. It was originally written by the Metal Hammer guys and therefore I can state (as a reader of the magazine) these things:
1. They can translate
2. They don't come up with rumors so much (although this article is really trying to do it)
3. They don't "correct" what someone said so it fits beter in their view of the world
4. I know from their other interviews that they always supported System (after they become a bit bigger)
5. They are able to interview people in a way they talk with them. I know from several other interviews that Daron likes to speak with Metal Hammer

So, this is reality, he really said that.
Back to top Go down
hackthesystem is sexy
Badass Motherfucker
hackthesystem is sexy

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:52 am

No, this is from ROCKHARD MAGAZINE. Not metalhammer.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:52 am

O.O

But you said it's from Metal Hammer!
Back to top Go down
hackthesystem is sexy
Badass Motherfucker
hackthesystem is sexy

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 am

No...when did I say that? Well whatever I said, I meant Rockhard, metalhammer was a completely different interview.

And I edited your original post...

So yeah.
I don't think very reliable.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:57 am

Oh, then. You told me so on AIM, never mind. If you have the Metal Hammer one please send it to me

You edited my post? Wow....
Back to top Go down
hackthesystem is sexy
Badass Motherfucker
hackthesystem is sexy

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:02 am

Oh noes, I think it might actually be from MetalHammer.
Whoops, my bad. Well, I'm not sure what it's from. Looks like it really was metalhammer after all. Sigh, time to go edit your post again Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:03 am

It's monday, I go to the store today and check how they end their articles (I could even buy oe...) so we will know.
Back to top Go down
hackthesystem is sexy
Badass Motherfucker
hackthesystem is sexy

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:04 am

Okay, you should buy both metal hammer and rock hard, and we will see! woo!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway   Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clear Relations, Interview -- Scars on Broadway
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next