HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 No SOAD anymore?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 1049
Age : 28
Location : Land der Dichter und Denker, Germany
Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:52 am

In the last days Daron caused many discussion by saying "SOB is my only band at the moment" and lot's of people think he says that he'll never do something with SOAD again.
In my eyes this is bullshit. I guess he just wanted to get rid of the journalists first question "What's about SOAD?" and to mention, that SOB is really a band for him and no fun. I think we should see it more this way and focus now more on their side projects than on the band at all.

After the things I read about SOB the band seems to be one of those one-day-flies. I only read about what Daron says, but not what the rest of the band thinks about their actions. This behavior always causes trouble inside and so, well, I just can't see a way for them to make music their entire life together.

_________________
Change? Pls

That's all folks!
Mr.Killerguitar

Believing that everything is not one - that is the biggest evil in the world

Read what the GDR is, if you don't know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
Kody
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 665
Age : 24
Location : Michigan
Points :
500 / 100500 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:18 am

I bet he's just getting mad of all of the people questioning him about System and not his new band. He's not doing anything with System so he doesnt want to be questioned about it. Rolling Eyes

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hackthesystem is sexy
Badass Motherfucker
avatar

Number of posts : 112
Age : 1926
Points :
65 / 10065 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:23 am

...it's bullshit.

It's called sensationalism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 1049
Age : 28
Location : Land der Dichter und Denker, Germany
Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:18 am

Well, hopefully more people think like this and stop emphasizing it^^

_________________
Change? Pls

That's all folks!
Mr.Killerguitar

Believing that everything is not one - that is the biggest evil in the world

Read what the GDR is, if you don't know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
holy shit a tiger
Lisa
avatar

Number of posts : 435
Age : 26
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:22 am

Frankly I'll be happy if they never make an album together again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hackthesystem is sexy
Badass Motherfucker
avatar

Number of posts : 112
Age : 1926
Points :
65 / 10065 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:33 am

^ May I ask why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 1049
Age : 28
Location : Land der Dichter und Denker, Germany
Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:59 am

>.< because he's gay and loves SOAD!

You frog, because he likes their music they do together!

_________________
Change? Pls

That's all folks!
Mr.Killerguitar

Believing that everything is not one - that is the biggest evil in the world

Read what the GDR is, if you don't know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
Nephthys
Orange Light
avatar

Number of posts : 147
Age : 24
Location : Riding on the Metro
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:01 am

As I probably said a few times before,with this attitude Daron probably won't make me buy their album,if they ever make one.
But I'd rather for SOAD not to reunite,cause they'll have so many problems (with Daron,I suppose),so they may not make a new album.They left on hiatus when they were on top of their careers,and that's good,this way they'll have the glory for a long time,which is obviously better than loosing your fame and then disappear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/psycho_carrot
PLankton
Lisa
avatar

Number of posts : 360
Age : 109
Location : home is , where the heart is
Points :
75 / 10075 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Commodore wrote :
Frankly I'll be happy if they never make an album together again.


Do youthink they´d disappoint us ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
avatar

Number of posts : 585
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:54 pm

no SOAD anymore. even if they would be back, with this kind Daron it will be a failure not band.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TADDEUS
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 813
Age : 38
Location : Where I wanna be
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:08 pm

I also think Daron talks shit ( as usual) but as I said before, if they decide not to come back, its their decision and we wont change their minds.

I really hope they do what they feel, whatever that may be...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 1049
Age : 28
Location : Land der Dichter und Denker, Germany
Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:03 pm

Nephthys wrote:
As I probably said a few times before,with this attitude Daron probably won't make me buy their album,if they ever make one.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
More rofl

_________________
Change? Pls

That's all folks!
Mr.Killerguitar

Believing that everything is not one - that is the biggest evil in the world

Read what the GDR is, if you don't know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
avatar

Number of posts : 585
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:41 am

i think they will get drunk in studio and no album will be released. but anyway, i didnt like SOAD with Daron in 2005/2006, so i think if they would get together again, it would be even worse, Daron becomes more and more pig. one day he says "there is no leader in SOAD" and in same time says shit that he makes SOAD. but without him... that wont be SOAD. so for me, better no SOAD than failure. i enjoy watching Serj and Shavo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loly
Soady
avatar

Number of posts : 55
Age : 2016
Location : Málaga Spain
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 pm

I presonnally prefer them not to reunite if they're going to make music like mez/hyp,and honestly i don't think we can see the old good soad again,so..i'd like to see more stuff like ETD,and more side projects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.costadelrock.es
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 1049
Age : 28
Location : Land der Dichter und Denker, Germany
Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:30 am

I hate this "good old" talking, doesn't matter about what.
You know what we say here? "In good old times we still had a king!"

_________________
Change? Pls

That's all folks!
Mr.Killerguitar

Believing that everything is not one - that is the biggest evil in the world

Read what the GDR is, if you don't know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
TADDEUS
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 813
Age : 38
Location : Where I wanna be
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:40 am

^^ lol, Brad thats exactly what my Dad uses to say Smile

off topic, I know... erm... yeah... whatever... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick Star
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 263
Points :
70 / 10070 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:42 pm

I doubt there will be new album or something. Hey, they scent the air of being successful with their own music.
And if there will be a renewal, than not a very good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 1049
Age : 28
Location : Land der Dichter und Denker, Germany
Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:00 am

We will see. and I guess what comes out will be a question of taste.

_________________
Change? Pls

That's all folks!
Mr.Killerguitar

Believing that everything is not one - that is the biggest evil in the world

Read what the GDR is, if you don't know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
Mike3000
Heathen


Number of posts : 6
Age : 39
Location : Germany
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:14 am

...all the good old times used to be bad new times once...

but back to topic:

I think the band has had a rather exhausting time during the last years and they all need a bit of time on their own.

I`m lookinng forward to the next album. And I strongly believe there will be one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psycho_Shadow
Anti-Fly-SWAT-Team-Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 93
Age : 24
Location : Michigan
Points :
85 / 10085 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:51 am

Hmmm, let's do a little math here and start from scratch..

Serj Tankian + Daron Malakian + Shavo Odadjian + John Dolmayan = System of a Down.

The band did have a defining "leader" in the public and media's eyes from 1998 to 2004 (as well as afterwards, although the role was essentially shared by him and Daron from 2005-06), and that was Serj.

Apparently Daron got pissy about this ("System doesn't have a leader") and chose to take on roles that would make him better recognized by the fans, such as lead vocals and more songwriting, although it's not clearly stated who wrote more portions of what songs.. I'd go a bit more in-depth on this point, but I don't have all of the album booklets on me. The only songs that I recall as being credited to only Serj were Shimmy and Question!

By the end of 2005, Daron is given a leading role in the media alongside Serj and gathers up a huge fanbase for himself.

Mezmerize and Hypnotize are released in that time, which decided to give us the cruddy songs She's Like Heroin and Lonely Day, both written solely by Daron. Neutral

Tension between Serj and Daron is speculated by fans for numerous reasons.

Intense touring and Ozzfest come up:

System of a Down + Daron's Jackassery + Stress = Hiatus.

The hiatus occurs and Daron separates himself further and further from the band, calling Scars on Broadway "his" band. While both Serj and Daron have strayed from the topic in interviews because they're flat-out sick of it, Daron has been (in my opinion) a total asshole about it in comparison to Serj, going as far as stating that System fans should stop waiting for a new album.

Hmm.

Time to measure up each member's actual importance to the band!

Serj: He's been credited as the "frontman" of the band for years. He has unique vocals (albeit nasally at times), skill playing both the guitar and keyboard, and writes a good deal of the band's song material. He's a vital member!

Daron: The role that he's known best for, his great guitar playing, can be imitated by just about anyone who can play the guitar well. Although he does contribute backing/lead vocals and helps to produce the albums, these roles can be replaced (at a hefty cost - Daron helped to create System's sound!).

Shavo: He plays bass. ..Yeah. He's expendable (also at a cost - the band would lose a great deal of its image without him around). Neutral

John: His drumming is incredible - he was even given the title "Drummer of the Year" a few years back. It's tough to find a stellar drummer, therefore John is an irreplaceable member.

In my opinion, Daron and Shavo could very well be replaced - however:

Serj Tankian + Daron Malakian + Shavo Odadjian + John Dolmayan = System of a Down.

The band wouldn't be System of a Down with Daron and Shavo absent.

In a nutshell, there are four possibilities here:

1. Serj/Shavo/John try to bring the band back together without Daron.
2. The guys prefer their solo projects over System so much that they decide to break up the band.
3. Scars on Broadway loses importance in Daron's eyes and he decides to bring System back together, or..
4. Daron realizes that System of a Down was the band that made him famous (he has clearly stated that SOAD doesn't matter to him now because he has SOB and lots of money!), talks to Serj and brings everyone back together for a new album or two.

I believe either #3 or #4 will occur in the future. snapy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://psycho-shadow2.deviantart.com
Kody
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 665
Age : 24
Location : Michigan
Points :
500 / 100500 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Psycho_Shadow wrote:

Apparently Daron got pissy about this ("System doesn't have a leader") and chose to take on roles that would make him better recognized by the fans, such as lead vocals and more songwriting, although it's not clearly stated who wrote more portions of what songs.. I'd go a bit more in-depth on this point, but I don't have all of the album booklets on me. The only songs that I recall as being credited to only Serj were Shimmy and Question!

By the end of 2005, Daron is given a leading role in the media alongside Serj and gathers up a huge fanbase for himself.

Mezmerize and Hypnotize are released in that time, which decided to give us the cruddy songs She's Like Heroin and Lonely Day, both written solely by Daron. Neutral

Tension between Serj and Daron is speculated by fans for numerous reasons.

Intense touring and Ozzfest come up:

System of a Down + Daron's Jackassery + Stress = Hiatus.

The hiatus occurs and Daron separates himself further and further from the band, calling Scars on Broadway "his" band. While both Serj and Daron have strayed from the topic in interviews because they're flat-out sick of it, Daron has been (in my opinion) a total asshole about it in comparison to Serj, going as far as stating that System fans should stop waiting for a new album.
You make Daron sound like a dick when we in fact don't know what happened, this is just speculation. And Daron did write almost all of the music for SoaD. We can tell you're biased because you post everything like Daron caused everything. Daron wasn't the only one to have a side project, Serj and Shavo also had side projects and John just wanted to work on his comic business.

Psycho_Shadow wrote:
Serj: He's been credited as the "frontman" of the band for years. He has unique vocals (albeit nasally at times), skill playing both the guitar and keyboard, and writes a good deal of the band's song material. He's a vital member!
He didn't write a good deal of the music, that was Daron, he mainly just wrote lyrics.

Psycho_Shadow wrote:
Daron: The role that he's known best for, his great guitar playing, can be imitated by just about anyone who can play the guitar well. Although he does contribute backing/lead vocals and helps to produce the albums, these roles can be replaced (at a hefty cost - Daron helped to create System's sound!).
His sound cannot be imitated, especially if you want more music from them. You don't know just how much a guitarist means to a band, they not just replaceable.

Psycho_Shadow wrote:
Shavo: He plays bass. ..Yeah. He's expendable (also at a cost - the band would lose a great deal of its image without him around). Neutral
I never really heard Shavo play much besides for songs like Psycho, so i guess that could be replaceable? I don't know, i hardly hear him.

Psycho_Shadow wrote:
John: His drumming is incredible - he was even given the title "Drummer of the Year" a few years back. It's tough to find a stellar drummer, therefore John is an irreplaceable member.
True.


Psycho_Shadow wrote:
In a nutshell, there are four possibilities here:

1. Serj/Shavo/John try to bring the band back together without Daron.
2. The guys prefer their solo projects over System so much that they decide to break up the band.
3. Scars on Broadway loses importance in Daron's eyes and he decides to bring System back together, or..
4. Daron realizes that System of a Down was the band that made him famous (he has clearly stated that SOAD doesn't matter to him now because he has SOB and lots of money!), talks to Serj and brings everyone back together for a new album or two.

I believe either #3 or #4 will occur in the future. snapy
#2 is the most reasonable at the given situation.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
holy shit a tiger
Lisa
avatar

Number of posts : 435
Age : 26
Points :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Just a point I need to make: John is easily replacable, as is Daron (AS A GUITARIST). Shavo... why replace him? He's actually quite good, and probably the most level-headed, down to earth member of System. Serj... I won't saying anything about that fucking Mike Patton rip-off. Sorry if I offend anyone, I just can't stand him anymore. Serj is a nice guy, but I wouldn't mind punching him in the throat.

Kody, I know you're a real Daron fan through and through, but face it -- the guy's a huge fucking diva and thinks he's the shit, when really, he's just shit (that is personal opinion, yes -- his attitude, however, is fact). I don't care if he's Jesus Christ; he's completely full of himself, and always has been full of himself. But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter, anyway. Too many of his fans want to lap his cum off a dirty rug to see past his "musical genius" (lol) to what a douchebag he can be. I can understand being that way if he was actually, you know, innovative or good, but he's far from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kody
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 665
Age : 24
Location : Michigan
Points :
500 / 100500 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:17 pm

ffffffffffff wrote:
Kody, I know you're a real Daron fan through and through, but face it -- the guy's a huge fucking diva and thinks he's the shit, when really, he's just shit (that is personal opinion, yes -- his attitude, however, is fact). I don't care if he's Jesus Christ; he's completely full of himself, and always has been full of himself. But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter, anyway. Too many of his fans want to lap his cum off a dirty rug to see past his "musical genius" (lol) to what a douchebag he can be. I can understand being that way if he was actually, you know, innovative or good, but he's far from it.
I know i'm a Daron fan and i'm sorry if i'm being a bit biased. But since when has he gloated of himself? And opinion is opinion, i happen to think he is a great guitarist not because of his complexity, but because of his talent to make catchy and fun riffs.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
avatar

Number of posts : 1049
Age : 28
Location : Land der Dichter und Denker, Germany
Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:32 pm

One day I gonna ban you all for always change your damned nicks! XD
Steven? I think so it's Steven.

However, Kirsti isn't that wrong, but just not objective enough. I think that this is a good base to write a bit more about this topic. It was a pretty good idea and I think I gonna optimize that abit and post it then, here and on our myspace. No worry, I gonna credit it and, if I use whole sentences of your post, mark it as a quote.

After all I just can please you not to use this post as an invitation to start a debate on principles wether Serj or Daron started the whole situation or wether Serj or Daron is replaceable. The fact is, that System of a Down is System of a Down, because four armenians started this band, without Andy leaving the band the sound would be far different, without Serj the lyrical choice would be different, without Daron less tabus would be broken and without Shavo a lot of decent collaborations would've never been possible, nor would be hip-hoppers excepted as SOAD fans like now.

_________________
Change? Pls

That's all folks!
Mr.Killerguitar

Believing that everything is not one - that is the biggest evil in the world

Read what the GDR is, if you don't know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
Psycho_Shadow
Anti-Fly-SWAT-Team-Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 93
Age : 24
Location : Michigan
Points :
85 / 10085 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:23 am

Didn't you guys keep in mind that I said towards the end of my post that Shavo and Daron could never really be replaced (they wouldn't be capable of calling themselves SYSTEM OF A DOWN without Daron/Shavo)?

Sheesh, Kody. Laughing

The point I was trying to get across with Daron being replaceable was that his GUITAR skills could be imitated and Shavo's BASS PLAYING can also be copied.

I know that Serj didn't compose the majority of the music, I was referring to the lyrics. Laughing Like I said in my post, Daron can only be replaced at a VERY HIGH COST.

I also didn't refer to the other 3 members' side projects in my original post because I was trying to put more emphasis on Daron's statements about System's high unlikelihood of coming back. Neutral Sorry?

I'll repeat myself:

Serj Tankian + Daron Malakian + Shavo Odadjian + John Dolmayan = System of a Down and nothing else. You can't have the band without Daron or Shavo!

After a brief discussion with a few people and another examination of the facts available to us, I'll agree with those I spoke with and believe he's only acting like a dick for the media's sake. Neutral


Last edited by Psycho_Shadow on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://psycho-shadow2.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: No SOAD anymore?!   

Back to top Go down
 
No SOAD anymore?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» No notreligion anymore.
» We have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore- except to make our lives into a work of art.
» They don't play anymore.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steal this Site! System of a Down Forums :: System of a Down :: System in General-
Jump to: