Steal this Site! System of a Down Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legalize weed or not...?

Go down 
+6
Patrick Star
vitaminfromthesky
holy shit a tiger
Kody
Mr.Killerguitar
Nephthys
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nephthys
Orange Light
Nephthys

Number of posts : 147
Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-30

Legalize weed or not...? Empty
PostSubject: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:42 pm

So,I know most people have doubts about it,and are neutral.
We're doing a debate in our school about that atm,and I've came across some informations that may make some people change their mind about legalizing weed and some other 'easy drugs'.

First,weed does NOT cause physical addiction,as some people may think,and does not cause sick condition of an organism.Marijuana may cause some easy psychical addiction which is much more easy to get rid of then physical one.Furthermore,marijuana does NOT cause death.

Second,some people don't know the difference between 'easy' and 'heavy' drugs,that's why they mix up those two.Few years ago,there was a campaign in our country and they had slogan: Knowledge against drugs! And they still didn't know the difference between drugs.They kinda informed kids about how drugs are bad,without saying that some drugs don't cause addiction,so they withhold some informations to public.

Third,consuming drugs is a thing of personal freedom and choice.Since drugs are illegal,the right of personal choice and freedom is denied.It's understandable that freedom should be limited if it endangers the freedom of other person,and smoking weed does not endanger freedom and choice of other person,does it?

Fourth,smoking cigarettes and consuming alcohol is much more dangerous than smoking weed,and it's still legal.Smoking cigarettes and drinking causes death and some serious diseases like lung cancer or liver cancer,and smoking marijuana doesn't cause any disease.

Conclusion: Public opinion of 'easy' drugs and their treatment in second half of 20th century was against science facts and discoveries,social benefit and common sense.It may be caused by stupidness of some people or their hidden interests.Despite drug problem being medical,it's still socially created and maintained,so we can easily compare mortification of drugs to arson who firsts sets a fire,and then calls firemen.
It's obvious why such politics about drugs doesn't give (good) results nor will be giving them despite of amount of political will and spent money.At some point,public will realize stupidness of this state and demand changes.
Is it going to be too late to search for responsibility of experts,politicians or judges who created problems instead of solving them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/psycho_carrot
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Number of posts : 1049
Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:20 am

You're 14, yes? You read something, yes? You wrote bullshit! People will say it again, be sure.

So, first, you can't come to a conclusion without saying any negative thing. If you have no negative thing, you can't make this kind of statement. You need at least one negative thing to suuround it by good and to show you're right. Besides that you left out important facts and made the truth a bit nicer than it realy is.
So, weed does cause cancer. You need to take it somewhere and the best ways are smoking or tea. So, if you smoke it, then you need tobacco and tobacco causes cancer and several othe deseases I don't need to tell, just read the packs.
You could smoke a joint with just weed (then you come out as a Daron w00t!). Yes, you can do that. No cancer, eh? Well, a normal joint kills so much brain cells like a big night o the drink. It's not really bad, if you don't do it too often your brain can recover it. (I don't know how long the body needs to recover it, but I guess around two weeks) A joint with only weed is three, four times harder than a tobacco-weed mix thing, good idea. It makes you a nut. You can ly in the corner and you need three days to open a can, but you got no cancer!
Your point about the addiction was hard to understand. Weed makes you addicted, a way chewing chewing gum or eating your nails makes you addicted. It's not bad for the body (your organs get no hurts) besides the things like bad teeth from the chewing gum or bleedy fingers from biting on nails. To quit with a so called psychical addiction it takes me at least one week. There are people who need years to stop it. A heroin addicted needs one week and a better surrounding (will need all). Neither psychical nor physical addiction is therefore better. Addiction is addiction. And it's bad. But you won't get addicted from weed by smoking one joint, but it's still no toy.
The fact of the freedom is interesting. We need laws, and at one point we need a clear border. And the border is weed. Easy, eh? Why Wed, why not tobacco or alcohol? First the last two are parts of our culture we can't deny. We drink alcohol for over 2000 years, weed was only taken in the east asian areas. It's kinda strange to us. Second the government earns money with them, there are taxes on. They need this money and can't forbid those things. So why not weed? With taxes on? Because it makes you high, tobacco makes you not high and being drunken is needed to have a good party. To come back to the freedom of choice point, the government needs to protect uis from doing stupid things. And we have already two legalized drugs and weed is the drug every addicted tried out first. And they have to think about more important things than the legalization of marijuana!
At last I want to mention, that weed is an allrounder. You can make ropes out of it, clothes, rugs, medicine, food, etc, etc. That's a thing why it's also a good plant.

You can make a conclusion out of this. I leave it open, but please work on your sources more, if you would hold a speech with these facts I would give you a D.
Back to top Go down
https://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
Kody
Administrator
Kody

Number of posts : 665
Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:11 am

Im sort of neutral, but im leaning towards legalizing it. I may be 14 buy my school is called "Heroin High" for all of the drugs here, i know quite a bit about drugs. From everything i heard, Marajuana is the least dangerous drug ever, less dangerous than ciagarettes. But as i said, im still quite neutral so nobody go into a debate with me against this because i will not surely answer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
holy shit a tiger
Lisa
holy shit a tiger

Number of posts : 435
Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:58 am

I'd prefer it not being legalized. I've seen those real-life stories you hear about people who fuck up their lives completely. It starts with weed, then they want to try something stronger... it's better if people can get busted for it.
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Orange Light
Nephthys

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:11 am

But you see,you don't have to get addicted to other drugs if you smoke weed.
My friends have been smoking weed (actually not so often,but still few times a week) and neither of them got addicted nor started taking other drugs.
And for the alcohol,you don't have to have alcohol to have a good party... I never drink at parties,and I always have fabulous time. If you need alcohol to have a good time,then there's something wrong.
Furthermore,you said government legalized cigarettes cause they bring money from taxes.Don't you think the same would be if they would legalize marijuana...?
My both grandpa's died from lung cancer,and they both smoked cigarettes,and as far as I'm concerned no person died from smoking weed.
My step-grandma died from liver cancer,she was alcoholic for 20 years.

P.S. Just because I'm 14,doesn't mean I have wrong vision of certain stuff.I'm not 19 (luckily) and of course we have different vision on the world,but don't tell me I said bullshit,cause I didn't,I know what I said,and we won 3 debates in a row saying that stuff in front of the judges,so I think my arguments have sense.If they don't,they're still not bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:29 am

you just put it in too good light for my taste.
I don't wanted to say that you're stupid, because of your age, you just don't see it at all. Oh, and I mentioned the part of taxes on weed, too.^^
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Number of posts : 585

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:39 pm

Rob im so disappointed in you.

we should ban even cigarettes. no weed, reggae is best weed.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Star
Patrick Star

Number of posts : 263
Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 6:39 pm

The point that the state earns money with the cigarette taxes doesn't count actually. The state expends so much money on the smoke consequences, so that you cannot really say whether its a pro or con.
Every drug has it's own limits. When you smoke cigarettes, you still have every kind of perception. When you smoke weed, you have not.
Yeah, that's right that cigarettes make you addicted, but they don't have any direct influence on you.
Dear Roby, when your friends smoke weed and they are insofar not addicted, that doesn't mean that you won't get addicted as well.
It's always the same, they smoke weed, feel themselves good and cool, swank that they didn't get addicted, then they try harder stuff and then we all know what happens.
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Orange Light
Nephthys

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Quote :
Rob im so disappointed in you.
^^This wasn't my personal opinion.I just posted a statement and I defend it,it doesn't have to be something I agree with.Understand...? Smile
Back to top Go down
TADDEUS
TADDEUS

Number of posts : 813

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:13 pm

Its always hard to say something about drug issues in general. I mean, as some of your already said, alcohol and cigarettes are drugs as well, but they are legal. Which doesnt mean they are less dangerous than weed.

In my opinion, you cant say it in general because there are always people who are more likely to become addicted to whatever than others. Some can smoke weed only from time to time and they dont get addicted in any way, others do the same and they get / feel addicted. You cant tell who will get addicted and who will not.

But as long as it is about adult human beings, Id always say they can decide on their own. If they get in trouble because of it, well, its their own fault, no matter if weed is legal or not.
Back to top Go down
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

Number of posts : 360
Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:25 am

vitaminfromthesky wrote :
"we should ban even cigarettes. no weed, reggae is best weed."

vitamins...i don´t want to begin this discussion anew . we had all that .more than once Very Happy
but i just wanted to say this :
are you aware that most of those reggae musicians smoke weed..?
and they don´t hide it at all . on the contrary ..some even propagate it...

please...don´t react like someone who has been trampled on his tail.
I don´t offend you . you know i never would....
.. . it is just a fact .

and to be on topic : No , I´m not for legalizing .
if you smoke weed too mmuch , when you´re not grown out ( this can be until 25 years , especially the brain) ...then development can slow down . or even stagnate .
there are enough already .

Last edited by Vartanush on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GanjaEgoBrain
Heathen
GanjaEgoBrain

Number of posts : 11

Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:33 am

This is such an interesting Topic.
Coming From a person who smokes I say Legalize it.
I would much rather have Alcohol banned, that shit is terrible for you.
It causes so many accidents, you hear about Drunk drivers killing people everyday. But you don't ever hear about people who smoke running down people. At least I have never heard that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stalesoda
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 am

of course you are right . most people forget to count alcohol , too ,
when they mention drugs . and I never heard anybody demand :
"BanAlcohol"..
.though it is much more dangerous than weed .
really...alcohol is the drug I hate the most ..
because everyone accepts it so easily . it belongs even to culture.
I stop now , because I´m always getting angry with this topic...

and don´t think i don´t know what I´m talking about.
never was alcoholic myself . but I know people who destroyed
all their life with drinking .
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Orange Light
Nephthys

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:12 am

You can easily ruin you life with anything,not only alcohol or drugs.
Considering that,we should ban everything that can ruin our life,right?
In this case we're talking about drugs,weed to be precise,but a lot of our things are dangerous too,but most of them are legalized,so why not to legalize drugs?
I think it's a choice of each of us.Let's take cigarettes for example.They're legalized,but I've never come in temptation to try them,so I believe it'd be the same with weed.
It's only a personal choice,which is actually limited,actually denied by keeping drugs illegal,I think everyone should decide what to do with their life,as soon as it doesn't endanger other's people lives,and I believe smoking weed doesn't.
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:45 pm

and what if they smoke weed? i love their music not weed. if i like Bob Marley or Serj Tankian that doesnt mean that i will follow and respect everything what they do. i have to make my opinions and figure out that even these smart people can make mistakes and be wrong.

about weed, its better weed then cigarettes or alcohol. you people go down by doing shit with your healt.
Back to top Go down
Kody
Administrator
Kody

Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:48 am

I didnt want to make a whole nother thread because it seems it would fit here....

I need some help, my friend got high a couple days ago and he wants me to do it with him next time... But im not sure... Help?
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 am

There's nothing bad with trying it. As long as you don't start smoking weed all day Razz
Back to top Go down
Kody
Administrator
Kody

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:03 am

I wouldnt smoke it all day, well my friend smoked it yesterday and then again today he said. He went on aim high while his mom was home, he even told his mom and shes just like "dont do it too much"....makes you wonder about parents these days. I would like to try it once, but my friend is mad at my friend (his sn on here is Alex x Core or whatever) for doing it and she would be mad if i did it, i just dont know, i also dont want my girlfriend mad that i did it and leave me, i love her to death and have been with her for over a year... GRAH too many things to think about.
Back to top Go down
hackthesystem is sexy
Badass Motherfucker
hackthesystem is sexy

Number of posts : 112
Legalize weed or not...? Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100Legalize weed or not...? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:36 am

^ Don't do things you're uncomfortable with.
Is someone really your friend if they force you to do something you don't want to do?
Back to top Go down
Kody
Administrator
Kody

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:38 am

He's not forcing me to do it, he just wants to know if id like to do it with him...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:04 am

Well, Arva is my best friend and when I smoked Weed she hated me the whole evening and night (which is worse when you're high) but I'm living together with her in an apartment for over 2 years now.
What I want to say is, if you do something someone else don't likes, he won't leave you for this. You'll get ass-kicks, but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Orange Light
Nephthys

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:06 am

Don't do anything you don't want.And if he's your real friend,he'll understand,that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Kody
Administrator
Kody

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Yeah i dont think im going to do it, ill just leave him to get high by himself.
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:56 pm

i am for weed's legalization if it would really help. but im against everything what you have to smoke or drink and it will get your head in your ass.
Back to top Go down
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:44 pm

I was talking with a colleage ( she has teenaged daughters ) last week .
and she said . legalize or not. they do it anyway , when they want - so better not criminalize them .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legalize weed or not...?   Legalize weed or not...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legalize weed or not...?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next