Steal this Site! System of a Down Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

System are Dark-Wave

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

Number of posts : 1049
System are Dark-Wave Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100System are Dark-Wave Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-20

System are Dark-Wave Empty
PostSubject: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:14 am

Well, yes, they are.
We have this club hier in Hannover, called "Scum". They play metal to darkwave and wednesday is darkwave day. So I went there and was sure to listen to ASP, Angelspit and so on. Darkwave looks like this:
Rammstein - Moskau (ok, it's near to industrial)
Marylin Manson - Beautiful people (this is metal. I danced to it and thought, now we just need System!)
->and next song is<-
System of a Down - Chop Suey!
KoRn - Ya'll want a single

And so we leraned today -or better yesterday- that System are definetly darkwave. I mean, they wouldn't have played it if it's not. Okay, at KoRn the soundsystem said "I wanna darkwave" and the sound was gone for around two minutes. I've never seen a DJ running so fast around his stuff.
And what's also great, the Scum isn't as full as the Rockhouse. I was the first time able to perform Chop Suey! the way I wanted it -I need some room for it ^^-
And that was a part of my quite long but funny night.
Back to top Go down
https://steal-this-site.forumieren.de
TADDEUS
TADDEUS

Number of posts : 813
System are Dark-Wave Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100System are Dark-Wave Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:54 pm

Its funny but I know many Goths who listen to SOAD and the were played in Goth clubs a couple of years ago when I still used to go there.. and in Goth magazines like "Orkus" or "Zillo" you often find articles about SOAD.. I dont really know why this is but Goths and people who are close to this scene seem to feel a connection to SOAD and their music.
Wait... probably Im the best example, lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

System are Dark-Wave Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100System are Dark-Wave Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:03 pm

I dunno, maybe. But it always surprises me, that SOAD have fans out of all genres.
Back to top Go down
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

Number of posts : 360
System are Dark-Wave Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100System are Dark-Wave Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:00 am

You all know I have a colleage who loves SOAD , too .but her mate , he dislikes them .
Yesterday she told me what he said recently : "SOAD- music sounds like from people with bipolar disorder"
well ,this guy has bipolar disorder himself...and you could now think , this would make him an expert , yes ?
but , ppl with bipolar disorder are often rather disturbed in ther ability to judge....
bipolar disorder = manisch - depressiv...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 5:17 pm

I always thought they have bipolar disorder, that's why Serj smiles so much!
Back to top Go down
TADDEUS
TADDEUS

Number of posts : 813
System are Dark-Wave Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100System are Dark-Wave Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:47 am

Disorder? No way! lol

But I wanted to add sth to the DarkWave - discussion what I read just yesterday... in a German goth/underground magazin called "Zillo" there are many ads for certain clubs. One club in Leipzig is called Dark Flower and they do Goth and Medieval parties and stuff - and a "SOAD vs. LP" party next month! Smile

And in the lonely hearts ads I discovered several e mail adresses which sounded like "banana_terracottapie@whatever.de" or something like that.

So this again proves that goth ppl are very attracted by SOAD. Smile
Back to top Go down
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

System are Dark-Wave Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100System are Dark-Wave Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 pm

I donīt know anything about goths and darkwave...
but i guess they are attracted from some of their lyrics .
you couldnīt say they sound very optimistic ...
i donīt want to say SOAD are pessimistic , either. Iīd say they judge very realistic .
Back to top Go down
Kody
Administrator
Kody

Number of posts : 665
System are Dark-Wave Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100System are Dark-Wave Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 11:27 pm

I guess the only thing i can say is everybody loves SoaD! Very Happy

Last edited by on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:25 am

Lol, yes. Because SOAD are cool!
SOAD rule the whole world, Daron for president!
Back to top Go down
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:34 am

you canīt be serious , can you ?..
noooo...Serj for president and Daron will be "Minister/Secretary for Public Health "
he is born for that job... Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:06 pm

To become president of a country (or at least to become president in the US) you have to be born there. Therefore Serj can't become president. So, Daron is the only one who can do. But he can be president and Serj his secretary, we all know, that the secretaries of presidents are the only ones who think and work. The presidents only read loud what these wrote for them
Back to top Go down
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Yeah...and that looser Bush , isnīt even able to read correctly...

Daron as a president will get advice from Serj . and Serj will advise him to change that law . and then Serj can be president Razz

i canīt even imagine what Serj really would do as a president . he canīt do much , can he? No
the world is not ruled by governments anymore..
the world is ruled by stock markets , banks , oil companies and OPEC , gazprom and so on....

Last edited by on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Killerguitar
Page Founder
Mr.Killerguitar

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:31 pm

Okay, let's stop here. Why don't you make a thread for useless soadfacts and so on^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: System are Dark-Wave   System are Dark-Wave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

System are Dark-Wave
Page 1 of 1