Steal this Site! System of a Down Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nowhere Land

Go down 
+2
Nephthys
vitaminfromthesky
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Number of posts : 585
Nowhere Land Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Nowhere Land Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-23

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:26 pm

i was reading all my stuff, and i realized it all so suck dudes... its like trying to get together much smart words, with no meaning, in one peace of shit... and im just so empty...

Nowhere Land

He is watching on this place with wired eyes,
But he always stay’s here and faces lies.
He is doing his work with cut off his arms,
But he always stay’s, even if he can’t reach the stars.

He is blind, but he sees!
He is weak, but he feels!
This is his own nowhere land.

Replacing the machines that had been only fake,
He knows there is one who always them breaks.
Replacing the prayers misunderstood from the church.
He knows there is no one who can do that much.

He is alone when they beat!
He is alone when they cheat!

He stands for his life, for his time and his home,
But he always stay’s here and lives here alone.
He works on his own and lives by game with no rules,
But he always is owner of this place, in his skull.

All died bodies are lying in his made graves,
He is the king he makes change our days.
All the gone human souls afraid to come here back,
He knows it’s his own guilt and his eternal lack.

He is blind, but he sees,
He is weak, but he feels.
He is alone when they beat,
He is alone when they cheat.
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Orange Light
Nephthys

Number of posts : 147

Registration date : 2008-01-30

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 pm

Sorry,but I didn't understand this one.. Maybe it's my lack of seriousness at the time,cause I don't think you'd write something without a meaning.
I doubt I'll understand it after few read-throughs,sorry.
Maybe tomorrow. : )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/psycho_carrot
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:59 pm

no matter, just cool to know that someone reads it. i dont know by myself... its shit.
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Orange Light
Nephthys

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:01 am

You know I always read it : )
Why do you think it's shit...?
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:05 am

i dont know, just look... it is peace of shit from words... there is nothing. even Britney has better texts. i just cant write... i can write some good peaces. but damn, these like you like, i have maybe 10... but rest are maybe 200 and all such a shit... there is no even swears.
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Orange Light
Nephthys

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:11 am

I don't think it's shit,I just think you have to re-form the words and lines,so they have more sense.
I know it's not easy,but I suppose it'd be more understandable that way.
Just don't mention Britney,she sucks,you don't.That's it. : )
Back to top Go down
Patrick Star
Patrick Star

Number of posts : 263
Nowhere Land Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Nowhere Land Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:12 am

In my interpertation it's about a person, who cannot leave the place he lives in, bacause of loving it so much (kind of patriotism). Even though he's alone in his views on church and other social things. But there's also a feeling of guiltiness in some cases. So he feels commited to stay there, cause of a bad conscience.
Hmm, but now it's an antithesis.
This poem is truly difficult. My interpretation has a contradiction, so maybe it's comlpetely wrong what I wrote there^^. But for me it seemed like this...
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:17 am

Rob, i changed and mixed and re-newed it maybe 10 times....

oh great Sweetfan... you know, i was inspired to write thus from that actually, from patriotism. i always wanted to write something like this. and youy got it... damn, its great, you got what i thought. yeah, i was thinking, there is no patriot right now. not one, real patriot. everyone is ready to sell everything for gain. so i just wrote what i think how could look real one... left alone, in his place. forced to be beaten, cheated... but he is home, he is king of that home.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Star
Patrick Star

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:25 am

really? great Very Happy
Yeah my first thought was something with connection to a country.
Good, then I wasn't that wrong with the guiltiness. So now it's logical to me.
He loves the place, loves to be there and there is that thing which makes him feel guilty. I think the person in your song knows, that he's maybe the one patriot left, so he would feel guilty, if he gives up his love, because the circumstances are hard and nearly froce to leave. It's hard to describe what i mean in english :s
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:01 am

thats exactly what i mean. he is ready to do everything for his country. he sees there is noone left... he is alone. all are sold this country and him and run and hide away. he stays... survives. he lives through kicks and lies. pains and such things. but he loves that place, its home, he will give everything, even his life for that.
Back to top Go down
PLankton
Lisa
PLankton

Number of posts : 360
Nowhere Land Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Nowhere Land Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:08 am

Dear vitamins...
I told youalready in mail why i feel incompetent to comment .
it is mostly so emotional and leaves me gaping and gasping and searching for words . but there never are words .
because what you say so poetical explains itself .
you know though , i read and see it all .
and i told you already , why there are mostly girls answering your
poems/songs . because guys are not so good normally in expressing feelings .
or they don´t want others to think they are emotional . maybe they see emotions as weakness .
It is great you are an exception..at least as long as you can express yourself in this way . Wink
Back to top Go down
Anahit
Mr. Jack
Anahit

Number of posts : 232
Nowhere Land Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Nowhere Land Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-08

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:25 pm

That was really great,moy slovarniy zapas ne xvatit chtob poxvalit tebya malenkaya abjora Very Happy .Vartanush is right,some people think that being emotional means being weak,but no...it's wrong...what about Britney...yeah definitely "Gimme,gimme more" or "Ooops I did it again"are better than your songs Twisted Evil
prodoljay rabotat nad soboy i svoimi stixami,ne ostanavlivaysya na tom chego ti uje dobilsya,u tebya deystvitelno dar,nikogda ne razocharovivaysya i idi vpered uverennimi shagami(esli chto ya z tvoyey spinoy Very Happy )uverana ti mnogovo dobyeshsya
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:15 pm

thanks Vartanush. well, i dont know, maybe guys are just lazy... and here are not many guys, just mods and people who come here to read and talk. practically all peolle are here online are girls. and not only my emotional songs are comented by girls, but even 'smart' ones. so im glad... i have fans! Brad will be designer of my site... Wink

Solnishko... what is Britney? what you see from her on tv, i made it. you know that...
spasibo za pozelanije, kogda ja vstanu znamenitom i bagatom, previzu tibe shokolad. no i s Serjom menja poznakomes, ok?
Back to top Go down
Patrick Star
Patrick Star

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:18 pm

wow, sonishko, you always say such beautiful things. Smile
Quote :
u tebya deystvitelno dar,nikogda ne razocharovivaysya i idi vpered uverennimi shagami(esli chto ya z tvoyey spinoy )uverana ti mnogovo dobyeshsya
Exactly what I aslo think. You'll make it dude, I am certain of it.

btw today we repeated the French Revolution and the patriotism people had in that time. I thought about the song you wrote and compared to today, there is truly almost no one left, who would die for their mother country (I'm not talkng about the crazy Nazis). It's hard for me to write the point. If I'm still not able, then I'll write in russian scratch
Back to top Go down
Anahit
Mr. Jack
Anahit

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:57 pm

ThanksNo Marina,you’re wrong.There’re a lot of patriots.For example Karabaghian war,it was 15 years ago,however…a lot of Armenian people died for their country,because they couldn’t imagine their motherland in aderbajanian hands.Don't you think it's a patrriotism?
Back to top Go down
Patrick Star
Patrick Star

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Oh no Anahit, you understood me wrong. I didn't say there are no. I said there are almost no by comparison to the 18th century. When I think about the people's attitude in the past and today, there are a lot of differences.

I know in Karabaghian war... that's truly is a patriotism, no doubt. When I think of my family in Armenia, I know how patriotic they are and how they love their country. Many of my ancestors died because of loving their country so much.
You see, there sure are patriotics, but not so many like some 100 years ago.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Anahit
Mr. Jack
Anahit

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Of course.Wait a minute your family is in Armenia?MrGuitarKiller shyas nas otpravit v random spamming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patrick Star
Patrick Star

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Yes, Anahit jan. Here in Germany we are only 4 people. The rest is in Armenia and Ukraine. So we all know the feeling of missing the mother land(s). Crying or Very sad
Pujst otpravljajet Very Happy ta net, on dobrij... jemu prosto nado pokasatj shto on tut chef. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anahit
Mr. Jack
Anahit

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:11 pm

It must be hard.But you can come here or go to Ukraine every summer,can't you?
Ya znayu chto on dobriy Very Happy on pochti kajdiy den menya sprashivaet pochemu ya malo pishu v forumax i prosit nu not to be shy,a kto tut stesnitelnaya?!prosto nechego pisat,da i otsyuda ya znayu tolko 4 lyudey Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:39 pm

hey, Berj wont send us on spamming forum because we are talking in theme. we are talking about song and what it means and whyat we know. so its on topic.

Solnisko, this war of course was because of patriotism too, but it was 15 years ago. now, in these shallow years, generation is so fucked up. look on these kids, do they know word 'motherland'? i dont think so. noone cares about it. well, from other side it is good. no nationalism. nationalism is too much, and too bad. patriotism is not thing from what you would ready kill, nothing can be reason. patriotism is love to your country. love in meaning that you miss it, you realize that it is your place. no other country or place ever could replace it.
in my country patriotism is not the thing. it is like nothing. everywhere is money, gain and so on. because of polititions. 40% of people after studying goes to countries like Ireland or England to work, becayse laws there are better for living and salaries are not so funny. but i dont take ir as anti-patriotism. i dont know if there is reason to fight, die and kill in name of country if after all this country will give you life like shit lives. my grandfather was very high human in army. he went through World War II and he was fighting for this country not because someone was forcing him, but because this is his country... he was sent here from Armenia, Russia, Belarus till finally he came to Latvia. he got family here, and he was fighting for this country because his son and daughter and wife will live here. and this is patriotism. and how he lived after that? when noone needed him anymore, they just said 'good bye' and this veteran who was fighting for free of these motherfuckers who now are on throne, lived as simple human who didnt reach anything in his life. with shallow pension and was forced to work till age 65. and he knew that it will be like that, because he didnt fight for this country to have gain here (this is not patriotical fight, but fight for gain) but was fighting to have life here, grow children and just live.
Back to top Go down
Anahit
Mr. Jack
Anahit

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:10 pm

Yes of course but wait we are the part of this generation,and don’t know maybe it’s only in Armenia but I can say that there’re a lot of young people who love their motherland,and it’s true,maybe they don’t tell everybody “You know I love my motherland”,no,they show it by their work.The fact they’re still living here,though it’s a poor country and definitely not the best place to live,the fact they’re working hard and trying to make this country a better place is already a patriotism. Yeah,Karabaghain war was 15 years ago,and this victory means a lot for Armenian people and I can say if we didn’t care for this tiny piece of soil our government would sell it to Azerbadjian.But now they know if they do it 2000000people will never forgive them.
Pereydu na russkiy.Nado priznat chto nash narod posle vsego chto emu prishlos perejit nemnogo slomlen,no v godi karabaxckogo dvijenia tisyachi molodix lyudey priezjali syuda,uchastvovat v osvobojdenii jemel,kotorie vekami,tisyachaletiyami prenadlejali nashemu narodu,za kotoriye nashi predki krov prolili.I chto s nimi seychas?Daje gosudarstvu na nix plevat(xotya chto s nix vzyat pravitelstvo u nas stado baranov,i predstav im daje vchera udalos sfalsificirovat vibori),nesmotrya na eto oni prodoljayut svoe delo i ne ojidayut nichego vzamen.
Blizkiy drug nashey semyi,on je bil odnaklassnikom Serja v Libanane,on priexal syuda ottuda,bil rukovoditelem osvobojdeniya Shushi,i gde on seychas?V tyurme,za chto?On politzaklyuchenniy,vidite li on propagandiruyet revolyuciyu vrotiv Kocharyana i Sargisyana,ni xrena!On govoril chto nado xranit zemlyu za kotoruyu on I ego druzya krov prolili,a nashe pravitelstvo dumaet ob ustupkax.I daje posle etogo ya uverena chto ego sinovya da i mnogie gotovi budut otdat jizn sa svoyu stranu.Eto uje mnogoe
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:41 pm

one thing i want to say: no, we are not part of this generation. we are past already. even if we are so young, the kids who are now about 14 are completely different. it all is changed. in their age we were playing ball in yard and it was so not long ago. but they, in same age already are completely different. we are not anymore this generation.
and i have to agree with you. maybe its even easier to be a patriotical in small country, where we all are suffering same and living same. all are like more similar. anyway, this young generation that will start to think after 5-10 years will not know what patriotism is. well, part of bad example and mistakes are in these people who are same age as our parents and grandparents. you see, on tv usually you dont see those who propoganded good, that we should save our land. but oppositions, who say opposite, that land should get gain and so on. because as you said, these who said really right things are jailed or even killed. and why, because opposition makes good for country. saving lands and so on doesnt give them gain, doesnt give them money, these are just true people who are fighting for their place where they live.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Star
Patrick Star

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:46 pm

That's true. People in the past and now-there is a big difference.

Quote :
but I can say that there’re a lot of young people who love their motherland
Don't be mad at me, but especially in Armenia I noticed that young people like to pretend their love. (not everyone!) You see, if you love your country, it must be from the bottom of your heart. But many of them (not only Armenians) are superficial. They tell how much they love it, but this are only words. Just empty words. Maybe because they're young and their bond to the country isn't that deep, yet. When they are adults, they may realize it. But not know.
Back to top Go down
vitaminfromthesky
Banned Member
Banned Member
vitaminfromthesky

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:09 pm

i dont love my country. i dont care. i have no future here. and even if i would born somwhere where i would have everything, i wouldnt love it. i love my city, sign with name of my city when i miss it, i love playground where i lived all my life. but not really much else i saw from my country, so i love my place where i am.
Back to top Go down
Anahit
Mr. Jack
Anahit

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Marina I said"there’re a lot of young people who love their motherland,and it’s true,maybe they don’t tell everybody “You know I love my motherland”,no,they show it by their work"
You didn't ynderstand me.I hate people who say they love their motherland bou when it's time to prove it,...they forget beautiful word they said.I was talking about people who prove their love with work,with action.
Vitamin,where do you think you have future?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nowhere Land Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowhere Land   Nowhere Land Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nowhere Land
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steal this Site! System of a Down Forums :: General :: Serious Discussion-
Jump to: